« Back to job posts
Health Safety & Environment ManagerEdmonton, AB
AFD Petroleum LTD is an innovative, quality driven company with a proactive approach to business. Our offerings include an extensive line of quality products, technical support, oil requirement analysis and satellite monitoring, as well as custom tailored programs aimed at meeting the lubrication or fueling needs of our customers, regardless of the remoteness of the site. Our ability to address and overcome challenges has earned AFD Petroleum an excellent reputation in customer service making us leaders in the industry.
AFD Petroleum is currently seeking an HSE Manager at our Edmonton, Alberta branch to aid in the success and growth of our company.
The HSE Manager will be responsible for the development, administration, and implementation of companywide occupational safety programs, and serve as the coordinator for the occupational safety programs within all divisions and/or departments of AFD Petroleum Ltd. The HSE Manager will aid in planning, designing, developing and implementing departmental occupational safety programs. The HSE Manager will also be responsible for on-site visits and evaluations.
- Customer Focus
- Energy and Stress
- Team Work
- Quality Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Operating Equipment
- Ethics and Integrity
- Responsible for safety orientation, safety training, job site inspections and reporting.
- Development, implementation and maintenance of COR.
Maintain awareness of amendments to the Occupational Health & Safety Act (OH&S) and Regulations, and make recommendations for their implementation, along with TDG, Fire Code, ULC etc.
- Perform job site safety compliance inspections including hazard analysis, safe work procedures, written reports and recommendations.
- Responsible for monitoring adherence to the company safety program by all AFD Petroleum Ltd. employees and subcontractors.
- Research, plan, organize and conduct training programs/seminars for AFD supervisors and field employees, with regard to WHMIS, Fall Protection, Orientation, Personal Protection Equipment, CPR/First Aid, industry specific related issues, etc.
- Ensure the timely completion of accident/injury reporting to Head Office.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
- Coordinate the activities of other occupational safety personnel within one or more divisions and departments, if appropriate.
- Plan, design, develop, implement, and evaluate departmental occupational safety programs.
- Provide guidance to field personnel via safety briefings.
- Provide advice and counsel to management and other employee groups on a broad range of occupational safety issues and decisions.
- Design safety standards to conform to industry standards and federal, provincial and local regulations.
- Develop and implement safety programs by inspecting or reviewing areas, equipment, processes, and work activities for hazardous conditions in all areas of the company.
- Develop and conduct occupational safety training for various workgroups, including evaluation and modification of programs to meet local, provincial, and federal OHSA requirements.
- Coordinate inspections, investigations, and occupational safety activities with departments.
- Direct and review the analysis of accident and injury data, identifying the needs for new or modified occupational safety programs.
- Research occupational safety information to assure the best available methods and equipment are adopted to minimize the hazards in the work place.
- Advise on improvements in tracking and reporting procedures.
- Lead and/or participate on teams with safety, technical, management, and other team members.
- Periodically act as a team leader to special task forces or teams.
- Provide direction and/or guidance to less experienced occupational safety personnel.
- Provide training to managers and others on occupational safety issues.
- CSO Safety certification training is required.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in occupational health and safety in an industrial establishment.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the OHSA and workers’ compensation legislation.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong English communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations.
- Knowledge of the fuel transportation industry would be an asset.
- Working towards certification, or already certified, under the Occupational Health & Safety Act/Regulations is preferred.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites.
- Physical fit, with the ability to lift 70lbs.
- Travel, on call and after hours as required.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Work is performed in a combination of environments.
- This position may be exposed to elements such as noise, dust, odours, fumes and oils.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' education and experience best meets the needs of the position. Only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Standard First Aid
- CSTS - Construction Safety Training System
- PSTS - Petroleum Safety Training System
- OSSA - Oilsands Safety Association Orientation
- WHMIS - Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System
- GODI - General Oilfield Driver Improvement
- H2S Alive
AFD considers all applicants and will provide any necessary training for new employees, however preference may be given to candidates who currently hold the required certifications.
Working For AFD
AFD Petroleum Ltd. offers its team members competitive wages, paid training programs & educational reimbursement, future growth opportunities and an exceptional benefits package.
Get your career moving in the right direction and apply today.
u Apply Online