« Back to job posts
Senior Fuel DispatcherEdmonton, AB
AFD Petroleum Ltd. is looking for a Full Time Senior Fuel Dispatcher based out of our head office location in Edmonton, AB. The Senior Fuel Dispatcher would be responsible for the strategic planning and assigning of trucks with deliveries for customers and their respective locations in the most efficient manner.
Here is what we need from you:
- Promote proactive customer support by strategizing and forecasting fuel needs and equipment utilization.
- Responsible for creation and completion of all dispatch related paperwork within timeline expectations.
- Stay aware of any traffic congestion, accidents, weather conditions, construction zones, and any other information that may affect the drivers’ route, timeline, or safety. Effectively communicate all pertinent information to the customers and the drivers.
- Champion the Octane system and maximize the software utilization and planning tools.
- Complete accurate inventory and submit for input. Assist in resolving inventory discrepancies. Daily truck report(s).
- Manage current load chart for each unit by compartment for full loads of diesel and gas with maximum fill for each compartment.
- Ensure all paper work returned from the field is reviewed, completed and handed in to the appropriate departments in a timely manner.
- Communicate any issues or problems to correct parties to initiate and insure corrective action is taken.
- Review all FLHA prior to handing them in for information accuracy.
- Ensure all drivers have current refinery badges at ESSO, SHELL, PETRO-CANADA, NWR.
- Update dispatch board to include current equipment #’s, drivers, badges and job assigned to each day of the week. Days off must also be marked.
- Completed accurate load sheet for each load prior to loading that meets TDG regulations.
- Ensure drivers do not exceed hours of service.
- Work with the Manager & Mechanics to schedule maintenance and repairs on AFD equipment.
- Schedule and approve vacation for all drivers. Drivers must be available during peak season.
- Pre-load or hold loads to be cost effective during price changes if possible
- Ensure all AFD equipment is being used efficiently prior to requesting the use of a lease operator. Lease operator usage sheets must be signed by management before they can be contacted.
- Use monitor web pages to ensure all customer needs are met and report all defective monitors so repairs can be addressed.
- Mentor and coach drivers to ensure proper procedures and practices are followed by being familiar with AFD Safety Manual.
- Host driver safety meetings on the first Tuesday of each month.
- Enforce company policies regarding paperwork, CPPI, TDG, OH&S and CVSA.
The ideal candidate must possess:
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience dispatching in the fuel transportation industry
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Ability to create alternative solutions to problems. High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Clerical and/or customer service experience is an asset
- Be able to work overtime and be on call
Here is what is in it for you:
- A competitive salary that is commensurate with skills and experience (this is a salaried position)
- Solid benefits plan that includes, life, dental, LTD, and extended health including vision
- RRSP contribution matching
- Discounts on fuel
- An exciting and different culture full of great people who work hard and have a ton of laughs while doing it!
If you are ready for this challenge, we welcome your application.
Please submit your resume to this site or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WHMIS - Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System
AFD considers all applicants and will provide any necessary training for new employees, however preference may be given to candidates who currently hold the required certifications.
Working For AFD
AFD Petroleum Ltd. offers its team members competitive wages, paid training programs & educational reimbursement, future growth opportunities and an exceptional benefits package.
Get your career moving in the right direction and apply today.
u Apply Online