Named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and Safest Employers, AFD Petroleum is searching for a Senior Supply Coordinator to join our Edmonton, AB team. A bulk solutions and transport provider, AFD hauls fuel, lubricants and heating oil products to locations throughout Western and Northern Canada. The successful Senior Supply Coordinator is responsible for planning and implementing comprehensive internal and external fuel supply strategies that positively affect supply, revenue and profitability. This role is a key position to formulate innovative supply development strategies with the leadership team. The Senior Supply Coordinator forms productive and sustainable relationships all AFD Branch’s as well as key supply vendors. The Supply Senior Supply Coordinator should be familiar with the markets in western Canada and will have a strong understanding of terminals and supply points.
Here is what we need from you:
• Select transportation types and routes to maximize economy and efficiency.
• Conduct market research and analysis and provide market updates to the management group.
• Support management team in assigned regions as necessary.
• Contribute the creation of the Company’s annual budget process.
• Efficiently and proactively monitor the supply activities of the Company; make recommendations as required.
• Create and monitor fuel volume forecasts to identify changes or to determine their effect on the Company’s activities.
• Manage / coordinate the sales and operations planning fuel supply elements including supply / demand forecasting, inventory management, and timely delivery.
• Establish and foster relationships with major / minor suppliers in order to provide the Company with product needed to fulfill our customer’s requirements.
• Meet with suppliers to discuss performance metrics, to provide performance feedback, or to discuss production forecasts or changes.
• Negotiate prices and terms with suppliers, vendors, or principal logistics providers.
• Accurately report on the status of programs which are within areas of responsibility in a timely manner.
• Provide support to any number of projects from a supply, operational, financial and resource perspective.
• Assist in the establishment, and ensure compliance, of relevant units’ short-term and long-term goals with overall corporate objectives within assigned area of responsibility.
• Remain current with external and internal developments in the industry for identifying new market segments.
• Plan and supervise all assigned work unit activities through managers to ensure a cohesive operational unit, within assigned area of responsibility.
• Coordinate and confer with professional staff to resolve supply and principal logistics issues.
• Identifies and analyzes information to give early warnings of potential problems and recommends corrective action.
• Collaborate with necessary Company departments to provide reporting content to appropriate government agencies.
• Perform additional assignments as required by the needs of the operational unit, company, or as directed.
Preferred Requirements, Education and Experience:
• Completion of post-secondary related program along with several years of relevant years of experience in the supply realm.
• Experience in working with the major fuel providers.
• Possess the following personal qualities: integrity, creativity, high standards, commitment, ethical values, achievement and strategy oriented.
• Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, sourcing methods, and coordination of people and resources.
• Excellent organizational, strategic, planning and implementing skills including writing and verbal communication skills.
• Understanding of financial reports including budgetary guidelines and project expenditures.
• Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe products and e-mail required.
• High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, facts or opportunities.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Travel to various worksites and customer premises may be required
• Ability to attend and conduct presentations
• Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
• Ability to work overtime as required
Here is what is in it for you:
A competitive salary that is commensurate with skills and experience (this is a salaried position)
Solid benefits plan that includes, life, dental, LTD, and extended health including vision
RRSP contribution matching
Discounts on fuel
An exciting and different culture full of great people who work hard and have a ton of laughs while doing it!
AFD Petroleum Ltd. offers its team members competitive wages, paid training programs & educational reimbursement, future growth opportunities and an exceptional benefits package.
Get your career moving in the right direction and apply today.